Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

If I've calculated right, Jason has spent about 2 1/2 days on buses, trains, & airplanes in the last two weeks. His first jaunt, to Stanford, California, took 24 hours just to get there. A flight home, four days of recovery, & then back on a plane to Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (I wonder how many frequent flier miles he's earned in the past fourteen days -- enough that we could go somewhere nifty for our upcoming 10th anniversary?)

Yesterday, Cami came in as I was wallowing in the warmth of the tub & accused, "Didn't you do this yesterday?" Yes, indeed I had. And same rules apply: No fighting! Mommy is not to be interrupted!

Except that about ten minutes later I heard the front door open and grown-up steps on the stairs. Jason's re-routed train hadn't taken as long as I'd expected. . .and I'm so glad when Daddy comes home.

2 comments:

Ellen Fehr said...

Sweet!

christina said...

My girls sing that song when Mike gets home.

Nothing for me. Nice!



-c