Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Teen Already

We took our first adventure on Saturday, taking the train out to Ilkley. The train was the nicest and most modern I've ever been on. Each car was set up with LCD boards which told you the next station, as well as an automated voice which reminded you. So, we heard the disembodied voice tell us two or three times, "The next stop is Guisley." Cami asked after a few minutes on board if we were almost to Ilkley and Graham responded, "No, Cami, the next stop is Guisley."

Jason and I grinned at each other. "You understand how things work, don't you, bud?" I asked.

In a little voice he responded, "No."

Jason followed up, "Is the world a confusing place?"

World-weary at three, he said, "Yeah."

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I Love the little voices over here in the subway that say to you "Mind the Gap" and in the elevators that say "Elevator Door closing", "Elevator going up." etc. I Love hearing that British Accent and I adore the trains over here! They are so clean. I got my first kiss from my Todd on a train. :-)

Tricia said...

Why can't we work out good public transportation in this country? I just don't get it!