Friday, June 27, 2008

That's One Way to Look at it. . . .

Cami, Graham, Rose, & I just returned home from one of my favorite summer activities: attending the Friday Farmers' Market. Fresh-picked fruit & veggies, fresh mozzarella, just-gathered eggs, and just-baked bread are so wonderful. Especially when you can talk to the person who grew or made the product. I love the food & value the human connection with the people who produce it.

One of the season's bounties is cherries. I'd hoped to take the kids' cherry picking, but it hasn't happened yet, so we bought some today (along with blueberries & the first peaches of the season). When we got home, Graham went to Jason asking for "help, help" with opening a package of Trader Joe's scrumptious Montmorency dried cherries. Cami asked Jason what Graham wanted and then said, "We bought cherries at the market, but they aren't dry, they are wet!"

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Cute Cami. I'm salivating at you mention of dried cherries from Trader Joes. Those will always remind me of you. I've got to find a TJ's in Houston next week...

Marie Rayner said...

I just love your children's quotes Starr! I also love Farm markets and all the goodies you can find there!