Saturday, April 18, 2009

I've Found Home

I have so many great things to post about, but I must write about today's adventure. When we got up, Jason suggested going to Harewood House which has been on my "we must do this" list for a couple months. Even though I really want to go to Harewood House, I had woken up with a different plan in mind. Bolton Abbey has been on our list almost since we first got here. We'd gone to see Thomas when we'd first arrived in Leeds, but hadn't traveled out into the Yorkshire Dales beyond that. Jason was enthusiastic about the idea, so that is where we spent the day.

And where I am ready to spend a lifetime.

It's stunningly beautiful. And there was a much-needed simplicity to our day. Hiking in the hills, walking along the river, sitting in the sun (we even got mild sunburns), and playing games that the kids devised & chasing the sheep (Graham wanted to "soft them" -- a family term for gently touching a baby that has expanded to petting animals). I needed this day.

Now on to the task of house-hunting.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Glad you are getting a chance to see neat places like that!