Friday, August 7, 2009

Fabulous Four!

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday, Dear Graham-boy,
Happy Birthday to You!


My little guy is now four! As I heard him climbing down the stairs from his room, I began to sing. He climbed into my lap for a cuddle. "How old are you Graham?"

"I am four! I'm inviting you to my birthday. And Daddy. And Rosey."

Graham has the distinction of having been born on Jason's & my fourth wedding anniversary. So, today he has officially been a part of our family for half of the time we've been a family.

Now, without further ado, here are four (plus a few) fun things about Graham-man.

1. He loves slugs & snails. He's on the lookout for snail shells whenever we go. Yesterday he watched a slug slowly ooze across the pavement in front of our house for 15 minutes. He has three favorite jokes, two of which are interconnected:

Why did the snail move out of his shell? Because he wanted to be a slug.

Why did the slug move into the snail's shell? Because he wanted to be a snail.

2. He loves to make & decorate birthday cakes. All week I've asked what he wants to have for his special birthday meal & he always answered that he wants birthday cake with chocolate frosting & m'n'm decorations.

3. Graham loves numbers. He climbed into bed this morning to cuddle with Jason. "How old are you now?" "Four. So, next I'll be five. But when I'm 99, then I'll be 100."

4. He loves water and sand and machines. Dump trucks and sandboxes, water toys & machines. His chosen birthday adventure: the "water park." He wanted to spend the day playing with the water screw that powers the paddle wheel at Otley Park.

The sun is shining on my brown-eyed boy.

PS. The birthday festivity photos will go up later. I've been up since 5:30 a.m. & I've got to sleep.

No comments: