Friday, March 6, 2009

Bragging on my Boy

It's 12:25 a.m. We'd been out at a birthday party (thanks, Julie & Martin -- it was fun!) & I came in from parking the car when Jason asked me to read an email. I asked if he'd gotten a publication & he simply said, "Yes."

But it isn't just a publication: Jason is the winner of the Young Metaphysician Prize. This is a big deal -- this is a career-making achievement. This will definitely kick up his odds of getting a promotion in the very near future. The Lord loves us.

When I told him that I'm proud of him, he mentioned that the idea for the paper he submitted came when he attended a conference. I often refer to his conference attendance as "playing with his friends." It's hard -- he gets to do the thing he loves and travel to do it while I stay home with the kids. But he works hard, even when he's playing, and I'm very happy for him. . .and it's wonderful to see the happiness bubbling out of him. He is content with the world.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

That's so wonderful! Congratulations! Is there a link to something we can look at--his publication (not that I'll understand a word) or prize announcement?

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Jason!! We are so proud of you, and of Starr for being so supportive! Sounds like a major honor!

Cynthia Camp said...

Well done, old bean -- both on the award and on snagging a wife who's so wonderfully behind you, moving halfway across the world notwithstanding.

Jason said...

Thanks for the congrats, all! And although the only prize announcements I've seen were (a) in the e-mail sent out to all the entrees, and (b) on facebook, the paper itself is online here. And yes, I've most to be congratulated on managing (through dumb luck on my own part, I must admit) on ending up with a wife so incredibly supportive, even to the point of letting me go off and "play with my friends". So -- publicly -- thank you, Starr!

Ellen Fehr said...

What a wonderful pair you two are:) Thanks to you, Jason, for recognizing Starr's wonderfulness:) It makes a mother-in-law proud!

Kristin said...

Congratulations, Jason. I have never understood what it is that you do, as hard as Starr tried to explain it to my math starved brain, but I'm glad you're so good at it!