Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Prayers for my Mom

Nothing is definite yet, but I may be heading back to the States. I learned about two hours ago that my mom is in the hospital. She fell through the floor/ceiling of an attic onto a concrete garage floor. Her tailbone is broken (although this is considered relatively minor) and at least one of her vertebrae is shattered. But, in typical Mom fashion, she fought to stay awake so she could remember being in a helicopter.

If you happen to pray, please remember my mom. And my sisters.

Thank you.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Definitely sending prayers your way and your mom and sisters' way.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I hope that her injuries turn out to be relatively minor and that her recovery goes really well.
-LD

Amy Donner said...

oh my...we're thinking of you and your entire family during this time. I'm sure it's so hard for you to be so far away.

emily said...

Starr!! She is definitely in my prayers as are you and your sisters!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh Starr! I am just getting to this and adding my prayers to the others. A bit late, but always helpful! XXOO

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! I have been out of the blogging for awhile with and couldnt believe it when I saw this post! I am so glad things are getting better! She sounds just like my mom trying to stay awake!