Tuesday, January 13, 2009

School Days are for Celebrating








Did you know that children in England are entitled to 15 hours of preschool education each week? Did you know that they become eligible when they are 2 1/2? Did you know it's taken me six months to get Graham ready? But doesn't he look handsome in uniform?

He's been the happiest little boy today. He didn't want to leave school, but we had a good walk home. He kept telling me, "Today was my first day of school! And it was Cami's second day of school."

When we got home, he didn't head straight for the computer. We played "doughnut shop" (a game of his own imagining) where he makes doughnuts for me, Rose, & himself. He took a bath. We read books. And he got his wish. After telling me for three days, "It's my birthday" and "I want a birthday cake," I made him lemon cake & Jason made the chocolate frosting. And to complete the celebration, he got to blow out three candles.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My, what a handsome young man. I can't believe how big he is getting! I'm glad he enjoyed it so much.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!
How beautiful!!! that is all I can say ...sniff...sigh.
I love these children soooooo much!

Mandy said...

Wow! Graham is getting so big! He just keeps getting cuter...